Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Apparently I Am an Avid Reader Again

Currently in vogue: the world of print. I've been reading voraciously, and have added the Corner Shelf feature to the left to share my picks while the trend continues. Think of it as a virtual lending library, of sorts. Except that you'll have to track the books down yourself.

Here's today's literary snapshot:

In My Hands:
The Truth About Forever-Sarah Dessen

In My Car CD Player:
The Friday Night Knitting Club- Kate Jacobs

On My Coffee Table:
Adventure Travel, April/May 09
National Geographic Traveler Nov/Dec 08

Recommended Read for April:
A Thousand Splendid Suns- Khalad Hosseini

Worth a Look:
Holy Discontent-Bill Hybels

I'm even thinking about tackling another classic via My Daily Lit Care to join me?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Have you read "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers? By far the best book I think I've ever read fiction wise..

And did you read "The Kit Runner"? Also good, but very hard to read.

Living4Him said...

Thanks, Cindy for the great book ideas. I have started reading more again now that my daughter is almost 4.

Janae

ballast photography said...

Good to see you here, Janae! Hope you'll stop by often :) I'll let you know how it goes with these books--posting my impressions of my titles-in-progress when I finish them next week.

Jen, The Kite Runner was my "In the Car CD Player" pick last year about this time. I absolutely loved it--so much that I wasn't sure if "A Thousand Splendid Suns" would measure up--but it really did. As far as Francine Rivers--although I do read broadly from many genres, I do have to admit that I've always pegged her work in the fluffy romance category--a genre I really don't read-- albeit without giving it a try. With your rave review, I'm wondering if my snap judgment might have been hasty and unfair (?).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin