Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Greetings From Port-au-Prince


Greetings from Port-au-Prince!

It's my last night in Haiti and my first with Internet access. We left the Mole just before lunch and took a MAF flight to PAP and are spending 24 hours at a pretty nice hotel before heading back to Miami and home.

This week I went on a 13 hour3rd world road trip, battled a centipede, survived a mishap at sea, sustained multiple abrasions in a snorkeling incident, played with orphans, travelled to 3 remote villages, and, along the way learned and saw more than I can  immediately recount.

Over the next week, this space will take on a decidedly Haitian flavor as I post pictures, stories and reflections from this grand adventure.

For now? I'll be doing good to stay awake through dinner, which seems to be limited to four options: one of which is, apparently a "poisson sandwich."  Perhaps the adventure isn't quite over ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poisson is French for fish. :) You have been missed. Can't wait to hear all the stories! I am sure there are dozens.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin