Pages

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Feeling Superior!

Many titles are currently mine to claim: I can accurately describe myself as a wife, a mother, an art teacher, a youth worker, and, for the foreseeable future, a nurse (more about that in tomorrow's post.)

But today, I can claim a title that reflects the spirit of my wildest dreams and dearest aspirations. Thanks to my new friend Polly of 5th Sister, today, I am a Superior Scribbler.

Yes Readers, it is true: I am a Scribe Extraordinaire, a Journalist of Distinction, a Wordsmith of Wonder--and Blogger brimming with gratitude to Polly for allowing me to feel so accomplished. If you haven't met Polly (a Superior Scribbler in her own right), then click on over to her place for the daily treat of being greeted with open arms into a space that never fails to feel like the cozy living room of a treasured friend.

With the accolades comes the duty and privilege of passing distinction along to other deserving bloggers and posting the official rules of the award, which are as follows:

1. Each Superior Scribbler I name today must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving bloggy friends.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog.
4. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

I would like to pass along the Super Scribbler award and all the rights and privileges contained therein to five of my favorite scribblers:

Holly at 504 Main is a classy lady who devotes her space to helping us add a touch of style and splash of elegance into the composition that is is daily life.

Erin at The Mother Load is a blogger with a genuine love for the written word. Erin enjoys exploring thoughts and ideas but also has a penchant for spinning a good old fashioned yarn.

I always enjoy stopping by to see what's up each day at Joy's place. Joy to the Blog is that little hangout you frequent just to enjoy the ambiance and character of the place--Joy offers stories, pictures, frequent giveaways, and a dash of humor all in her own unique voice.

Rare is a day that I don't stop by for a visit with Charisse and Holly. At their place, Life, Laugh, Latte, you're more likely to find footage than footnotes as they specialize in adding to the daily conversation of cyberspace through video segments that bring their readers (?) right into their living room. When they do share a written post though, it is sure to be, well, Superior!

Kathleen is a fellow blogger who is fast becoming a true friend. I enjoy the perspective and humor that I always find at her place, Treasured Chapters, and the encouraging comments she always leaves at mine. Her blog is a place where you'll find friendship, photos, and frugal tips and insightful observations.

Take some time to visit these Superior Scribblers. I'll be back tomorrow--in the meantime, there's still time to enter my giveaway by commenting over at this post or Following!

6 comments:

said...

Aw thank you Cynthia! I love how you describe my blog. Makes me get warm fuzzies. :o)

Kathleen said...

Man, I'm so behind on my acceptance speeches! I still have two from you to accept. I will do that this week!!

Can't wait to hear the details about being a nurse. Well, so long as you're a happy nurse, and you have a happy patient! :)

After you read my last post, you may want to take the award back. I hope I don't offend your Yankees-lovin' self too much! ;)

Bernie said...

Your writing is fabulous. I will have to check out the other blogs that you mentioned as well.

Warmly,

Bernie

Unknown said...

Cynthia,

Great minds think alike, right? Thank you so much for my award, I will save it for my next awards show. I am so excited and pleased that you've chosen to honor me!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Congrats on your well-deserved award! :)

Holly Lefevre said...

Thank you so much for my award and the great description you gave. I am honored. An awards post is coming soon.

Holly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin