Pages

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Pictures, Previews, and Preview Pictures



There's a "you choose, anything goes" theme afoot for this week's You Capture photography challenge--which suits this chaotic little post just fine. I figure we'd start with this pair of begonia shots from my patio.



This next picture is a Late Edition entry of today's wardrobe, in honor of last night's Victory in the Bronx. I've waited a long time to wear this with the proper amount of Yankee pride.



At this point, I'm going to interrupt the random photography segment to let you know that, right here and now I'm beginning the First Ever Running With Letters Giveaway! Here's what's happening. I know that, if you're not already, you really, really want to follow this blog. The right opportunity just hasn't presented itself. I get that. But you know what? This is your week!

Just in time for potential Christmas gift-giving, I will be giving away two autographed sets of my YA novels, The Chrysalis and Drink the Rain. The first set will go to the winner of a random drawing of Future Followers who come aboard between now and next Thursday.

Already a Follower and want in on the fun? Don't fret. The other set will go to one of you! All you'll need to do is "enter" by commenting on tomorrow's post, wherein you'll find more details and a have a chance to meet my protagonist.

Between now and then? If you're not a Follower--Follow! Viola! You're entered--it's as simple as that!

Now back to the pictures. The next three are also in the "preview" category.



You'll be seeing this fabric again soon on an upcoming DIY makeover post.




No guarantees whether or not you'll be seeing more of the Striped One. My guess is yes--she has a way of getting her paw into whatever happens to be in progress.



I can't think of a better way to end this multi-layered post than a good, old fashioned Sweet Ending:



See you tomorrow--Follow in the meantime!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is that dessert? It looks fabulous. I'm curious to see what you are doing with the fabric. I like the colors you picked out.

Unknown said...

A smörgåsbord of a post! Delightful in so many ways.

I am working tomorrow so I hope you have prewritten your post and have it scheduled to published anytime before 5:00 am (EST)so that I can join in on the fun!

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Love the colors of the fabric. (Cute kitty, too.) =)

Life Laugh Latte said...

Once again...amazing photography! You are amazing with a camera. I agree with you...no polyester/elastic waist bands. Another entry into my old age diary...check. You are not vain...and we proudly accept you into the club. On another note...just signed up for Google Analytics. Wanted to see how many come by vs. how many comment. I'll let you know if I find it helpful. Actually, you might already use it. Have a great day. Holly at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com

corrin said...

My grandma always had begonias in her garden. They are still one of my favorite flowers.

FireMom said...

Aww, now I miss my cat.

Great shots!

Mendie said...

love the fabric! Off to follow you!

Kathleen said...

Love that fabric! And recipe...we need a recipe!

Unknown said...

I'm kind of having deja vu because my daughter Izzy has been running around for days singing "Chrysalis." I couldn't remember what it was or where she got it from until now---isn't it kind of like a cocoon? We have some books about nature/insects/etc. and I think that is where she got it. But still funny that she runs around saying it....

:-)

Stylist A said...

Love the picture of the kitty... Makes me dearly miss mine (had to give her up when my husband alergies couldn't be controlled.

ballast photography said...

Kirstin--the dessert is a low fat cheesecake. It is light and fruity (banana based) and does not have the texture of a normal cheesecake--it's really fluffy. Both the fabric and the cheesecake were slated to star in separate posts over two weeks ago, but somehow got bumped. The fabric one will definitely be discussed next week--perhaps the cheesecake as well. Stay tuned.

Polly--Parts of the post are pre-written. Just for you,if I do schedule a post before bed (as is the current plan) I will set it for the ridiculously early pre-5 AM hour just for you :)

Charisse and Holly--Very intrigued about google analytics--is it free?? So glad we're on the same journal page about the polyester :)

Mendie--Thanks for the Follow!

Kathleen--see my comment to Kirstin, above. I'll count your comment as another "vote" to post the cheesecake piece :)

Erin-- A butterfly comes out of a chrysails, a moth come out of a cocoon--same concept, different terminology. Plus, cocoons are all weird and furry and a little gross, but chrysali (?) are not LOL. But just to be clear, I didn't write a science book (perhaps my use of "chrysali" above was a tip-off?)

Alysha and Fire Mom--so sorry you are missing kitties :(

Anonymous said...

The dessert looks amazing! The flowers are beautiful, I'm a sucker for flower photos!

Heather said...

nice shots!

and now I am following you!

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

Love your eclectic shots!

Stillmary said...

I love the dessert photo and I love the cat photo but not for the same reasons. lol Nice job!

Prairie Lady said...

What fun shots. Love your fabric. The desert looks awesome!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Love the pictures...great colors!

Mamí♥Picture said...

I love your cute kitty!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin