Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

One Line Wednesday: Late Edition

So this morning I told you I would return to explain the origin of today's One Line Wednesday line. Let me just say up front that this will be a short post. The only story behind today's line is that there really isn't one. I started fretting sometime late yesterday about the fact that I had nothing--no tidbit, no nugget, no nuance or turn of phrase. I figured it would hit me overnight, or failing that, in the shower, where the good lines just flow like so much running water. Too bad most of them end up running right down the drain with the bathwater.

But today? No amount of running water, memories or musings seemed to do the trick. So, at 8:51, I turned to my amazing husband (who made me breakfast this morning despite being in a full leg brace and on crutches--did I marry a winner, or what? You can meet him here, as he just posted his first blog in over a year...)and said, "Well, it's 8:51 and I have no other option than to just come clean and admit that I have no line."

To which he replied, "There it is--just go with that. Just try to make it a little more epic."

So I added the bit about the well, hoping that most of my readers aren't from Southeastern Virgina where entire institutions are shuttering their doors against driving rain and gale force winds, and maybe you'd all just picture me in some sort of drought-inspired Little House-esque episode where I drew the last gallon of water to boil for bath night (Ingalls reference added just for you, Willoughby)

So that's it, really. I'm sorry I don't have a better story this time. But on the bright side, we picked up four new Followers: the aforementioned Willoughby, Julie, Lee, and Tiffany. Thanks a million, Polly, for putting the word out!

Will we make it to 40--or 50? Tune in tomorrow and let's find out together!

P.S. if you're new to One Line Wednesdays, it all started like this...

5 comments:

Lee said...

Okay...so I gotta go and see how it started. And thanks for the shout out!

Holly Lefevre said...

So I need to check out Mr. RW Letters now and find out how One Line Wednesday started. More reading!

Holly

Unknown said...

Okay...I'm still trying to get used to the format, too. So we can use a line from past or future posts or pull something out of thin air? And if we use a past post we link it up to Mr. Linky, correct? I think I got it!

Loved your line by the way...even as my deck was flooding from Ida's remnants!

Going to check out your hubby's blog now!

Willoughby said...

Thanks so much for the shout out! It was very sweet of you!

I think all bloggers experiece a case of "brain drain" from time to time.

Kathleen said...

Seems as good as any!! After all, NOT having ideas is part of life too! Heading over to check out Mr. RWL's blog!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin