Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Real Life


Real Life. It's messy; imperfect; unedited--and it's this week's You Capture photo challenge over at I Should Be Folding Laundry.

Going in, I knew that capturing Real Life was going to involve the shooting of some pretty gritty scenes. I knew a Real Life photo shoot was no place for the carefully composed, specifically selected photos I typically post.

What I didn't know was that the weather would offer it's own brand of rough, Real Life conditions, shrouding my world in heavy cloud cover that forced me to shoot with a flash. I've used a flash in probably less than 5% of the pictures I post--it's just not how I like to shoot. But this week? It was my reality. So I embraced it, along with everything else in the mixed bag of happenings in which I reside.

So here's a dose of my reality, through my lens:



Remember I said messy? I work amidst a mosaic of found objects, mixed media, and private collections:







At home, it's pretty much the same:



Remember I said imperfect? Mr. RW Letters can tell you all about that:









Remember I said unedited? People don't always tell you that Real Life sometimes leaves you wet out in the cold. Good thing for warm towels.



Thanks for sharing this little dose of reality with me.

Reminder: Today is the last day to enter my giveaway! Remember, if we top 40 followers today (three more as of post time!) I will give away a second set of books!

17 comments:

tippytoe foxtrot said...

I'm sucker for any sort of dog photo. So.cute. Your galoshes are super cute, too!

Doug @ Daddy's Tired said...

I wish my desk looked half that organized!

Mendie said...

ouch on the brace! hope it heals soon!

cute doggie too!

Lee said...

That dog is too much! Was that you or hubby with the brace?? Sucks either way!

ballast photography said...

That would definitely be my husband...my feet are a lot smaller LOL!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Hope your hubby heals fast! Cute photos!

Unknown said...

Ouch. I am again so very sorry about your hubby's leg. That looks really rough!

I love your photos. I'm a horrible photographer. In fact, I'm so awful I'm certain I shouldn't even be referring to myself as one!

Kathleen said...

Your dog is gorgeous!

And how I would love to get my Organizational Hands on your art classroom!! :)

Raoulysgirl said...

I tell people that my house is not cluttered...it's lived in.

With an 8 yr old and a 3 yr old...and a husband...it is a constant struggle to keep up with toys, papers, shoes, socks, etc.

If there is no trash, dirty dishes, food, or anything else that could get icky lying around...I'm okay. The rest is just "lived-in."

Holly Lefevre said...

The dog shot is to-die-for!

Sorry, but I do not consider your mess to be a mess...I however am not brave enough to post my mess!

That knee brace looks uncomfortable. Hope he's doing well (and you too!).

Holly

Anonymous said...

I love your dog! Looks like mine. My pictures reflected the unexpected but good things in real life.

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Aww your dog looks so sweet! And my desk looks a lot like yours (part of the reason why I often migrate to the couch - to pretend the mess doesn't exist!) I hope the hubby heals real soon.

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

Great shots! I'm enjoying seeing so many different perspective on "real life"! (Oh...and OUCH!)

Life Laugh Latte said...

Did your husband trip on your rain boots? :)
Loved the photo of your dog, how cute!!
Charisse
PS glad to hear you're skirtless too

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it is an "organized" mess. You undoubtedly know where everything is, and are able to pull out whatever you need. Mr. Anon will especially enjoy the puppy pics.

Kathleen said...

Hey, how did I miss those boots the first time 'round? Love 'em!

Tracie said...

In my world, your mess would indicate that I could hold off on cleaning for a few more days. It's not pretty up in here.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin